Pages

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

My Journey to School: A Photographic Chronicle



So here in the first shot is totally hip me, using a camera, cell phone, iPod, and sunglasses all at the same time. I begin every trip anywhere on this street, since it is the street our apartment is on. Today we'll be going to school.

The second photo is the infamous "mushroom feast house" where I had five mushroom stew. I pass it everyday on my way to the subway.

Thirdly is what Koreans think Americans look like. This baker greets me every day as I approach the subway gates.

Fourth: the dark entrance to the subway. It's about four stories worth of stairs just to get to the train.

Next we can see subway is approaching. Every day I take the pink line (#8) for two stops and then transfer onto the green line (#2) going counterclockwise until I reach SinChon.

Then we have lots of Asians on the subway. They all have the same hair color!

A fruit vendor. There are lots of people in little kiosks all up and down the streets selling newspapers, snacks, produce, clothes, and other goods.

These guys are crossing the street from Yonsei while i am crossing toward it. I took a lot of these pictures with my hand by my side, all incognito-like, so please excuse the rudimentary design layout of most of these photographs.

And next we have tis woman, who is selling dollar store junk on the sidewalk.

The following photo is where Asians get there shoes. There are scare few "shoe stores" per se, but there are a ton of street vendors with mats or wheel barrels full of shoes. Hmm, nothing in my size....

I pass everyday this construction site. Yonsei is building an addition to the college run and funded hospital, and they wasted tons of money covering the unsightly construction with this four story tall divider wall painted green with a white picket fence and adorned with fake ivy.

The next to last photo is New Millenium Hall, where all the international classes are held, as I approach it from the mile long 40 degree angle hill. THis hill is the last stretch of my daily journey, and it's not going to be fun when the day comes that I'm late and have to run up this thing.

Lastly we see me arriving at New Millenium Hall and the voyage is at finally complete!

4 comments:

  1. This is so well done - I love the photo journey! What are they advertising at the mushroom house and the fat baker guy - what is that all about? Great photos.

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. coolness. All the asians have the same hair.. lol :D

    yeah running up hill wont be fun ;D

    ReplyDelete
  3. The mushroom house was pretty much just advertising that it is a restaurant that serves several dishes made of mushrooms. The fat guy baker...I don't know. I guess they just like that he looks like a westerner? whatever

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mushroom house - hmmm, not exactly like the Mellow Mushroom - ha!
    Fat baker guy - and you worked at Fatz or maybe he just resembles Mr. Kim? These images may be linked to your food service background.
    mom

    ReplyDelete