Pages

Sunday, April 05, 2009

When we're not learning...

I have a very creative batch of young kids. Their English is the worst of any of my students, but they are so much fun too teach when they can focus on something. Anything. Which oftentimes won't be learning. Here are two examples of the fun and creative things that they've been able to focus on in the past couple weeks.

Bill:They got really into making a 'new student' for the class.








If you can say it:
A little bit more educational, but also a little bit crazier was the drawing on the board game. It started out innocently. The workbook wanted the kids to unscramble animal words (igret = tiger) and then draw a picture of that animal. In order to help them figure out the words, I started drawing the animals on the board. Then the kids started asking me to change the pictures. If they could ask me in English, I did it. You'd be surprised the crazy words they can come up with when they don't know stuff like "weekend".


"Teacher! Elephant is...no ears. And snake is elephant ears!"
"Teacher! Tiger is black hole!"
"Teacher! Parrot is...drugs!"

I love that "concentrate! focus!" is still written in the corner of the board...

No comments:

Post a Comment