Pages

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Menu Update


While in the market, we got some fresh food that's only available out by the clean rivers and such.

Bing Eo and Eun Eo:


These are minnows and some other slightly larger fresh water fish, both of which you can only get from the streams outside of Seoul. Good luck pronouncing them! We, of course, got them fried up crispy. I ate the big fish's heads. Kinda a psychological barrier, but nothing wrong with them I guess. I'm told though that you can eat the minnows live in the winter. An adventure that awaits me!


Clams:
Special southern clams! We ate them two different ways: once as some sort of room-temperature spicy salad (kinda like chicken salad I guess)...

and once boiled in broth.

They were really tiny, but so delicious.

Acorn Jelly:
The translation always sounds gross, but its literally a jelly made from acorns, so what am I supposed to do? I've had this in Seoul on several occasions, but this was a specialty of the market's. I've never seen it with so many veggies stirred in. Particularly good!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Steven,
    Good to see you survived the mystery trip. After reading this it reminded me of an old song/video they used to play an the early MTV "Fish Heads" by Barnes And Barnes.
    (Boy am I dating myself!)
    Good to see you're doing well, everyone say's hiya. unkle T

    ReplyDelete