Pages

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

The Conclusion of the Mystery Trip

It started, of course, like any good trip starts: me, running across the platform, unshowered and unkempt, to a train that is going who knows where. That's not actually how it started per se. It started with a phone call ten minutes before the train was scheduled to leave, 1 minute of clothes, 8 minutes of terrifying taxi, then running across the platform to the train going who knows where. I literally boarded the train and the guy on the platform was holding it. As soon as I stepped on, the train left. Couldn't have cut it closer!

holy crap what is all of this?!?!

I was glad that I made it though, because we went to a southern province to see some cherry blossoms. Though the blossoms were about a week past prime and thus unimpressive, the weather was beautiful and it was nice to get some fresh air for once. We went to a big outdoor market where I got a bunch of grain (for mixing in with my rice at home to liven things up).


We then walked to the nearby Buddhist temple for some quick photo ops.








Fun trip! Thanks Inhee for planning it all!
PS The bus was hilarious




No comments:

Post a Comment