Pages

Monday, March 28, 2011

Delivery

All of us have been roped into things we didn't want to do under the binding covenant of friendship, not the least of which is the ride to the airport or the crash on the couch. The most dreaded of these favors, however, is the moving into a new apartment building. The worst part is that solid wood chest of drawers or heavy duty washing machine that can't possibly fit into an elevator, and no friend has ever moved into a new place on the first floor. Looking out of my window this morning, I witnessed a new answer to this problem. My fourth floor neighbors across the alley had just ordered a new refrigerator, the type of appliance that breaks backs in the stairwell. Perhaps a precarious solution, the delivery men used a sort of lifting machine. The refrigerator was placed horizontally (isn't that un-kosher?) on a platform and elevated to the fourth floor window. The plot thickened when our innovative deliverers realized that the box would not fit in the window. They decided to slide the fridge out of the box and into the apartment as it remained suspended on the platform. Everything worked out for the best I hope, since I was already late for work when I took these (I'm testing some new script out for photo viewing.  Click to see larger, arrows to scroll, let me know if there are any problems with it please.)

No comments:

Post a Comment