Pages

Monday, March 28, 2011

Convenience Store Fresh

Last week I found myself in a predicament: hungry with no food in the house, grocery store closed. The elegantly simple solution to this problem is of course a bag of potato chips from the nearest 24-hour convenience store. While perusing the shelves in my sweatpants and hat, I felt a mild disgust with the whole situation: everything the same greasy package of calories, the lonely corpse of a banana on the shelf even less appealing. Fortunately, the Korean convenience store provides some other options. Pulling together ingredients exclusively from the minimart, I was able to make kimchi and tuna fried rice, complete with egg and dried seaweed topping. A well-stocked convenience store open at all hours is one of the many reasons I love this country.

No comments:

Post a Comment