Pages

Tuesday, September 04, 2012

Look at Me Now, Look at Me Now...

I'm makin' papers!



My first week in the town, it was my terrifying privilege to conduct an English Camp, one of the aspects of this job at which I have absolutely no experience. Not 3 days at my site, still crashing on the couch of my counterpart, and I'm expected to organize a 3 week, 6 hour per day English camp for kids I don't know starting tomorrow. Yeah, right.

Thanks to my killer negotiating skills, I managed to get the camp down to a more manageable duration and enlisted some help from my awesome site mate and the other English teachers in my school. Distilled down to a week of getting to know each other for an hour each day, the students and I had an excellent time introducing ourselves, playing charades and pictionary, scavenger hunting, and talking about everything from hobbies to family.

It was a nice first attempt, but nothing remarkable. What shocked me was being presented with this page of the local newspaper now, so many months later, which the physics teacher saved for the whole summer. Hopefully this is only the beginning of a long string of good news.

No comments:

Post a Comment