Pages

Monday, July 27, 2009

The Real Trip

Well, I'm finally off. Half of the reason I came out here was to polish my Korean, but I could do that with a Korean girlfriend and a textbook anywhere in the world. The other half of the reason was to continue my travel, and tomorrow that's just what I'm going to do. I just flash packed for a flight to Hong Kong that I booked not 24 hours before it departed. It's probably one of the scariest moments of my life. I'm alone, I've not prepared one bit, I speak ZERO Chinese, and I haven't even checked the weather. This is the trial by fire. How well can I survive in a totally foreign place? I guess not totally foreign, since there should be a great deal of English around. I think. Anyways, in 16 hours, the first stage of my real trip begins!

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to hear about this trip! You're amazing Mr. Independent Foreigner.

    love, mom

    ReplyDelete