Pages

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

봄이 왔다!

Midterm season is the best here. It would never fly in the States, but all classes are cancelled during midterm week and every teacher cancelled the classes the week before the midterms so that everyone could study. It's like an extra spring break, except with tests.

The weather has gotten warmer and the landscape is gorgeous. Cherry blossoms everywhere. For one week there were whitish pink flowers on trees that you didn't even know were cherry trees, and this week it's even better. It's like something out of an anime music video; there is a constant soft snowfall of cherry blossom petals all day every day. Not too mention the flowering azalea and forsythia and some other tree with big white blossoms. It's so nice to be out of the drear and the rain and the cold. I'll post pictures as soon as I figure out how to get them off my camera and onto one of these school computers (computer is broken -- camera needs a program to upload pictures -- school computers don't allow program downloading)

Other than that, it's just been a lot of school and tutoring. I took several extra jobs to put me back in the black after the two weeks of Japan/Korea tutoring as well as to help afford a new computer. I sort of feel like I'm missing opportunity here, but then again I'm back-paying for opportunity that I've already grasped so I can't really complain.

Plus, in the middle of an epic grapple with the bureaucracy of the home university. More stress than I want to even think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment